Mike Tyson showcases lethal five-punch combo in latest training video
Mike Tyson’s upcoming bout with Roy Jones Jr. may have been postponed, but the former heavyweight champ continues to churn out terrifying training videos that suggest he’s more than ready for a return to the ring.
The Tyson-Jones Jr. fight has been rescheduled to Nov. 28 from Sept. 12 in order to generate more buzz and interest. Meanwhile, Tyson isn’t curtailing his training, as evidenced by footage shared by TMZ Sports that features Iron Mike showcasing a devastatingly lethal five-punch combo.
The above workout is part of the paces trainer Rafael Cordeiro is putting Tyson through with a brutal five-day-a-week training regimen.
Evidence of how Tyson has remained in remarkably good shape and still possesses impressive speed and intimidating power at his advanced age of 54 has been making the rounds in recent months.
The above footage, then, is simply further proof that Tyson is serious about his first return to the professional ranks since a loss in 2005 to Kevin McBride. However, he did strap on the gloves in 2006 for an exhibition bout with Corey Sanders.
The California State Athletic Commission has cautioned that the Tyson-Jones Jr. bout is more of a showcase than a legitimate boxing match. That being said, the eight-round fight will be fully sanctioned and scored by a recognized sanctioning body.
What’s more, regardless of the nature of the fight, the spectacle will surely attract interest and generate some big pay-per-view numbers.
“This is search and destroy and I’m looking forward to recapturing my glory,” Tyson told TMZ Sports earlier this month.
The above terrifying footage of his lethal five-punch combo arguably proves Tyson is up to doing just that in November.