Mike Tyson offered $20 million to take part in bare-knuckle boxing bout
Mike Tyson has been offered $20 million by a bare-knuckle boxing association to participate in a promotion bout, according to a report from Heavy.com.
David Feldman, president of Philadelphia-based Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, has confirmed that the association has made the offer to Tyson, although there is no indication that the former heavyweight champion would be interested in taking part in such an event.
“While we did make a guaranteed offer of $20 million for Mike [Tyson] to fight for BKFC, we’re open to many different options as to how we can work together,” Feldman said. “Obviously, the excitement of seeing Mike’s video showing himself training and desire to participate in exhibitions inspired us to reach out and make the offer.”
There has been an abundance of buzz about Tyson possibly returning to the ring to fight in some way, shape or form. Footage shared by Tyson on social media earlier this month showcased how arguably the hardest puncher in boxing history remains in remarkably good shape and still possesses impressive speed and power at the age of 53.
I’m a Bad Boy for Life. Watch #BadBoysforLife now on DVD Blueray @realmartymar #willsmith #stillthebaddestmanontheplanet pic.twitter.com/R9Zmz19GFm— Mike Tyson (@MikeTyson) May 1, 2020
Tyson hasn’t fought for 15 years, losing his last match to Kevin McBride in 2015. Still, Tyson himself spawned speculation a return to the ring is possible, as the former champ said he would do so to raise money for charity.
Mike Tyson says he might return to the ring at age 53— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) April 29, 2020
“I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three- or four-round exhibitions for some charities.”
(via @Tip IG Live | @BOXlNGLlFE) pic.twitter.com/Icf5i4eJdV
There has been no shortage of offers coming into Tyson when it comes to opportunities to fight again. Major League Wrestling is interested in a potential charity match involving Iron Mike, and he’s received a $1 million offer from a promoter to take part in a bout against one of a handful of former Australian rugby stars who have gotten into boxing.
Perhaps most intriguing, however, is how fellow former heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield, 57, wants to box Tyson for a third time for charity, any potential ear-biting be damned.