Advertisements

Sportress of Blogitude

Lamar Odom embarrassed, ‘extremely disappointed’ over BIG3 ouster

Lamar Odom has opened up about the BIG3’s surprising announcement earlier this week that he, along with a handful of other players, had been “deactivated” for the remainder of the 3-on-3 league’s season.

The former NBA star issued a statement Friday about the BIG3’s decision to cut him loose. In it, Odom insists the league informed him he would have time to get into better playing shape.

“As most of you have heard, the @thebig3 decided to deactivate me for the remainder of the 2019 season,” 39-year-old Odom said, as relayed by TMZ Sports.

“I respect @icecube & the other league executives, however, I am extremely disappointed with the way that this has been handled.”

“Besides the embarrassment, it’s disappointing to read on IG that this decision had been made, especially without sharing it with myself or my manager.”

BIG3 sources have since indicated to TMZ Sports that multiple efforts were made to personally inform Odom of their decision but never heard back from them.

BIG3 co-founder Ice Cube indicated earlier this week that “as a league we want players that are actually playing,” which seems to confirm Odom’s ability to play was the main factor behind the first-year player’s deactivation.

Even though Odom is understandably unhappy over how things played out, he’s nevertheless grateful to Ice Cube and the BIG3.

“I hope that we can use this situation as a lesson to grow, heal and become better people,” Odom said in the statement. “I salute all of you, thank you for the love & energy.”