Antonio Brown deletes tweet about settlement of condo lawsuit
Antonio Brown has deleted a tweet originally posted Monday evening that suggested a lawsuit stemming from an incident in which he threw items off a condo balcony had been settled.
“The legal dispute between Ophir Sternberg and me has been resolved, with a confidential sum of funds being donated to charity,” Brown’s since-deleted tweet read. “I am sorry that an incident occurred. I apologize for any statements we made in court filings or otherwise to Mr. Sternberg and family. I with Mr. Sternberg my best with regard to future endeavors and through this settlement, seek to make amends with Mr. Sternberg and family.”
It’s unclear exactly when Brown removed the social media dispatch, nor is the motivation for him to do so evident, either, though a reasonable assumption may be that the Oakland Raiders wide receiver prematurely asserted that settlement had been reached.
Brown was — or possibly still is — facing two separate lawsuits related to him throwing items off the balcony of his 14th-floor condo in Florida.
Regarding the “legal dispute” mentioned by Brown in the deleted tweet, Sternberg is the plaintiff in one of those suits. He is the guardian of a two-year-old boy who was nearly hit by the items thrown by Brown, who was said to be upset over a handgun and $80,000 that were discovered missing from his condo.
The owner of the condominium, meanwhile, is the individual behind the other lawsuit filed against Brown. The Raiders wideout’s attorneys previously sought the dismissal of both lawsuits, which were said to seeking “damages in excess of $15,000,” per ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.
It will be interesting to see where things go from here in light of Brown deleting his tweet, but it’s reasonable to suspect he’s not in the clear just yet as it relates to the lawsuit filed by Sternberg.