Odell Beckham announces in IG story he’s ‘going away’ until July 1
Odell Beckham Jr. is again making another getaway to escape the spotlight, this time announcing via an Instagram story that he’ll be incommunicado until next month.
According to a report from Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, the enigmatic Cleveland Browns wide receiver shared in said IG story that he’ll be off the grid, as it were, until the 1st of July.
“Going away till July 1st for trainin,’’ Beckham Jr. posted on his Instagram story Wednesday. He also posted it as a photo, but deleted it.
“Don’t hit me, unless it’s beyond urgent. Preciate the love always. Time to lock in!! #BootCamp see y’all soooon.’’
There are no scheduled Browns team activities between now and July 1, so Beckham will not miss anything that would cause him to run afoul of the organization. Beckham just recently was in perfect attendance at mandatory minicamp earlier this month, although he did miss almost all of the Browns’ voluntary OTAs and other activities.
While Browns brass and coaching staff downplayed Beckham’s absences, it appeared to start becoming a source of consternation for head coach Freddie Kitchens. Beckham later bemoaned how he’s the most scrutinized player in the NFL.
All that said, Browns training camp is expected to begin on or around July 25, and Beckham is expected to be there on the first day. It’s surely been an interesting offseason for Beckham and the Browns since the team acquired him from the New York Giants, but an uneventful camp would quiet any ongoing concerns about the acquisition.