Wake N’ Blog: (Headline) ‘Greek Police Smash Violent Doughnut Ring’ Ha!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• That’s a gold headline, Jerry. Gold. Two Bulgarian men and a former Greek wrestling champion were allegedly using violence to muscle out other vendors in the highly competitive doughnut market on Paliouri beach in the Halkidiki peninsula near Thessaloniki. Thankfully, undercover police infiltrated the three operations and put the kibosh on their nefarious methods. Heh. Doughnut ring. Good stuff. And it makes me hungry. [msnbc]
• Kyle Busch has license suspended and will pay a fine for going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone. Seems fair. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Uh-oh: little leaguers celebrate win with “earthquake celebration.” [Big League Stew]
• Blake Griffin is interning at Funny or Die. [It’s Always Sunny In Detroit]
• The Texas Rangers would prefer it if fans did not do The Wave. Well done. [Off the Bench]
• The new trailer for NBA 2k12 dabbles in nostalgia. [Ball Don’t Lie]
• Here’s a video of some goofy white guy working out with the Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders. [The700Level]
• And here’s Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville singing “Take Me Out To The Ball Game” at Wrigley Field. Terribly. [Puck Daddy]
• Some ESPN columnist argues that Miami is the most miserable sports town in America. Here is why that guy is so wrong. [Rumors & Rants]
• How do you solve a problem like Tim Tebow? [The Legend of Cecilio Guante]
• Former NBAer Rex Chapman did a karaoke performance of Prince’s “When Doves Cry”…and had it recorded. Fantastic stuff. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• Mike Bibby has a customized Impala. And it is up for auction for $100K. Yowsers. [Busted Coverage]
• Drew Magary’s new novel, The Postmortal, has a trailer. Watch it. Then buy the book. Beste of luck, Drew. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Report: Male Hair Loss 7 Times More Painful Than Childbirth