Merril Hoge Has Found A New Quarterback To Hate On: Tim Tebow
For those of you who have not had the pleasure to enjoy ESPN NFL analyst Merril Hoge’s body of vitriolic work, the former Pittsburgh Steelers running back has developed a bit of a hobby he enjoys to partake in from time to time to spice up his otherwise decent displays of NFL acumen: spewing Haterade in the faces of young NFL quarterbacks, as evidenced by his near-obsessive, somewhat Quixotic evisceration of Vince Young a few years back (here’s a primer). Thankfully, another field general who Hoge deems unworthy of such a lofty position in the National Football League has come along to take the mantle away from Vince Young as the “Worst Quarterback Ever To Throw A Football Ever On God’s Green Gridiron” (my title, not Hoge’s):
Tim Tebow. Lord have mercy. Does Hoge have any idea who he is messing with?
Now, Hoge is just getting warmed up, as I expect him to soon become a crazed, foaming-at-the-mouth zealot in his quest to bury Tebow as soon as he rejoins Ron Jaworski and Sal Paolantonio on the set of NFL Matchup, but in order to ensure he’s adequately prepared to completely dismantle Tim Tebow when the cameras start to roll, he took to Twitter and really laid it on thick regarding how wholly unprepared and complete unqualified Tebow is for the NFL game and how the Broncos would be foolish to start him over Kyle Orton (via Sporting News):
- Sitting watching tape off bronco offense from last year! Orton or Tebow? It’s embarrassing to think the broncos could win with tebow!!
- Orton or tebow? QB play is not just about who works hard gives rare rare college speeches or who is a good guy!! Because orton works hard
- And is a good guy as well. It’s about who can play!! I just watched Tebow throw 5 out routes to a wide open WR! He was 1 for 5! 2 went in
- Dirt 2 in the stands! That throwing motion he changed? U can’t change who u r! Just watched 2 throws and he throws like he did in college!!
- College credentials do not transfer to NFL raw raw speeches do not work! You must poses a skill set to play! Tebow struggle with accuracy!
Jeez, Merril. Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about Tebow? No, I’m serious. Don’t pull any punches, either. We can handle it. Just really let loose on the guy.
Merril Hoge: ‘Embarrassing to think Broncos could win with Tebow’ [Sporting News]