Wake N’ Blog: ‘Man Accused Of Handing Out Semen Tainted Yogurt’ Might Be Second Best Headline Ever
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• In yesterday’s Wake N’ Blog, I brought you what I believe to be the best headline ever: “Owner Of Killer Bear Chokes To Death On Sex Toy.” As you can see above, today’s headline is no slouch, either. Snippets from the disturbing AP report: “A New Mexico man was indicted after police said he was linked through DNA samples to semen-tainted yogurt samples handed out at a grocery store…Anthony Garcia, 32, appeared in court Thursday after being indicted the day before on charges of adulterating food and making false statements to federal investigators…Officers responded to the store after a woman called to report an employee had given her what she was told was a yogurt sample. The woman told police she believed it was actually a bodily fluid.” Gross. One question: how did this lady know it contained semen? I’m not saying, I’m just saying. Still, nasty. [azcentral]
• The ageless Tom Watson wasn’t going to let Dustin Johnson hog all the attention, drains his own hole-in-one. [Larry Brown Sports]
• In the newest edition of Rick’s Cafe, Rick discusses why we love Hope Solo and how eventually we all may love women’s soccer as well. [Off the Bench]
• Fascinating (and enraging) piece about how writer Bruce Feldman has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN for doing something they gave him permission to do. ESPN, you gotta love them. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
• A male Kentucky cheerleader plummets four stories, lands on feet, survives. Also, he might be a cat. No, he’s not a cat. [Busted Coverage]
• The most recent edition of The Dugout takes an amusing gander at the Roger Clemens trial. [With Leather]
• Recurring features figure prominently in today’s Wake N’ Blog. Here’s another: a new KSK Sex/Fantasy Football Mailbag. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• Brian Cardinal has some interesting suggestions for NBA Championship mementos. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• Nine last-minute NFL Lockout player demands. [Sports Pickle]
• Harry Potter/NFL Lockout comparisons. [TAUNTR]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Report: You Know You Are A F**king Idiot, Right?