Wake N’ Blog: I’m Back, Baby!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• Usually, this space is reserved to link to some odd story about someone shoving something up their butt or the exploits of drunken naked people or some variation of the “bizarre news” angle, but today, I have chosen to use this first bullet point of Wake N’ Blog to let my readers know that I have taken the last four weekdays off (and Memorial Day) from the Sportress for just about the most awesome reason imaginable: on Thursday, my wife gave birth to our little baby girl. Now, I will try to avoid the pitfalls which usually go hand in hand when fathers go on and on and on when a new baby is brought into this world, but I will say this: she is an absolute treasure and I can’t even remember what my life was like before she was here. With that said, expect the amount of content around these here parts to be a little touch and go over the next few days as we adjust to the new little angel in our home. Oops. I’m already doing what I said I would not do. Apologies. Alrighty then, back to the Toy Department. And of course, thank you for dropping by.
• The 10 oddest places the Stanley Cup has ever visited. [Puck Daddy]
• A photo gallery of Avril Lavigne and other famous women who throw like girls. [With Leather]
• A ball boy disrupted play at the French Open by wandering onto the court. [Off the Bench]
• Larry Bird is honored by being compared to Dirk Nowitzki. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Glam rockers Steel Panther was Tony Romo’s wedding band? [Busted Coverage]
• Video of the bad ass Hot Wheels-themed stunt done prior to the start of the Indianapolis 500. [The Last Angry Fan]
• Rampage Jackson motorboated a reporter during an interview. [Awful Announcing]
• Scottie Pippen has continued his assault on the Chicago Bulls. [Foul Balls]
• A Dodgers fan dropped his daughter while in pursuit of a foul ball. Classy. [Bob’s Blitz]
• The Nationals got disrespected by Phillies fans during a home game. [Ted Williams Head]
• Winnipeg finally has another NHL team…OR DO THEY? [Melt Your Face Off]
• 2011 LOL NBA Finals, Game 1 edition. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• Here’s a video of some moron water skiing into a tent. Wait, what? [Sharapova’s Thigh]
• Alright, Peter King, that’s just about enough from you about the Red Sox. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• Tips on how to dominate in five classic family picnic sports. [Sports Pickle]
• A hilarious compilation of people fainting. [Unathletic]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: NASCAR Awards Driver $50,000 For Homophobic Comments