Wake N’ Blog: Your Jagoff Co-Workers Are Killing You!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• Do me a favor. If you’re at work, look up from your monitor and take a look at your colleague sitting nearby? Is he or she a soul-crushing idiot jagoff? He or she is? Of course they are. Well, I hate to break it to you, but that person is shortening your life. According to a study conducted by researchers at Tel Aviv University in Israel, a positive relationship with co-workers not only improves job satisfaction, but will help you live longer. From the AP report: “Peer social support, which could represent how well a participant is socially integrated in his or her employment context, is a potent predictor of the risk of all causes of mortality,” the researchers said in the study reported in the journal Health Psychology, which is published by the American Psychological Association. Amazing. Not only are they ruining your life on a day-to-day basis, they are ensuring you have less days to actually live. When you think about it, it’s not surprising. Co-workers are, more often than not, real pains in the ass. [Yahoo!]
• Oooh, burn: Sharks fan gives Red Wings fans an octopus prior to Game 7 last night. But it was octopus sashimi! Ha! [Puck Daddy]
• Is Marv Albert headed to CBS? Unknown at this time, but all signs point to “YES!!!” [Awful Announcing]
• Is Shaquille O’Neal finished? God, I hope so. [Rumors & Rants]
• In Texas, you lie about fishing, you’re going to jail, pardner. [With Leather]
• How a knee to the groin saved a young basketball player’s life. Seriously. [Off the Bench]
• UFC will be handing out bonuses to fighters you use Twitter. [Larry Brown Sports]
• The 15 ugliest dunk faces from the NBA. [BuzzFeed]
• LeBron apologized now because people were ready to accept it. [Ball Don’t Lie]
• Speaking of LeBron, here are some other mental notes he took this season. [Sports Pickle]
• Rick Reilly lampooning is the best kind of lampooning of all. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• The 11 best Jay Mariotti prison bitch faces. [Busted Coverage]
• In other Jay Mariotti news, check out video from one of his stalker calls. [TAUNTR]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Justin Verlander Doesn’t Bother Telling Parents Difference Between No-Hitter And Perfect Game