Wake N’ Blog: Caveat Chumptor – Fortune Teller Bilks Woman Out Of $200K For ‘Curse Removal’
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A wise person once said – I believe it was the guy who invented the Tootsie Pop – “There’s a sucker born every minute,” and that saying has never been more true than in the case of a 37-year-old West Hollywood woman who paid $200,000 to Lisa Debbie Adams, a self-proclaimed psychic, to remove a lifelong curse which was caused by evil which was “inherited from her mother’s womb.” Too bad she didn’t go see somebody capable of removing gullibility prior to visiting the psychic. [azcentral]
• The Zen Master Phil Jackson is attempting to use True Grit as a means to motivate the Lakers. [Ball Don’t Lie]
• Is Donovan McNabb a lock to end up with the Vikings? As a Minnesotan, I say, “God, I hope not.” [Rumors & Rants]
• Awesome: an edition of “The Dugout” addressing Jim Thome’s new Paul Bunyan commercial.
• Fear no, Poker dorks: ESPN insists it will carry “The World Series of Poker.” [Off the Bench]
• The new coach at San Diego State wants Boise State to get rid of the “unfair” blue turf. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Shocking: video of female Phillies fan vomiting. At least it wasn’t directed at a child. [Bob’s Blitz]
• How the hell is the Hayden Panettiere-Wladimir Klitschko relationship still going on? [Sharapova’s Thigh]
• Here’s an amusing bit: (Fake) Texts from Last Night. [Deuce of Davenport]
• TNT is still undecided on the purpose of the 19,000 square foot HD screen. [The Sports Hernia Blog]
• NBA Mascot Dance-Off! [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• The five biggest early entry NBA draft busts. [Unathletic]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Patrick Kane No Longer Able To Play With Blackhawks After Dad Gets New Job In Boise