Wake N’ Blog: Teacher Makes Hilariously Inappropriate Fat Joke About Student, May Get Fired
Wake (Up Late) N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• Connecticut math teacher Robert Wollkind is fighting for his job after he asked an overweight student if he ate his homework. Wollkind blamed the somewhat humorous yet awful comment on his Asperger’s Syndrome, which he says makes social interactions awkward for him. He also once told a student that he hated him, once again because of the Asperger’s. While he might be fired because of his latest zinger, over 1,000 parents who live in the school district have signed a petition supporting him. Ha. Did he eat his homework. That’s coldblooded, man. [azcentral]
• CBS is bringing back Luther Vandross’ version of “One Shining Moment.” [Awful Announcing]
• An edition of “The Dugout” featuring David Eckstein? Yes, please. [With Leather]
• Here’s video of John Wall punching Zydrunas Ilgauskas. [Sharapova’s Thigh]
• A former referee attacked Dominique Wilkins during an Atlanta Hawks game. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Barry Zito escaped serious injury after he was involved in a traffic accident. [Big League Stew]
• The Pro Gay Wrestling Federation would like a WWE announcer fired because he made a homophobic slur. Wait. What? [Off the Bench]
• Video of a very mean person delivering a nut shot to his unsuspecting buddy via a champagne cork. [Bob’s Blitz]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Continued Existence Of Edible Arrangements Disproves Central Tenets Of Capitalism
Note: it’ll be a quiet day here at the Sportress, so you’re going to have to amuse yourselves today. Be good.