Wake N’ Blog: Quaint Vermont Neighborhood Terrorized By…A Squirrel?
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
• A neighborhood in Bennington, Vermont is under siege…and the culprit? A “rogue squirrel,” as the AP report humorously refers to the animal. At least three people claim to have been attacked by the horrific beast. The suspicion is that the squirrel was raised by humans and then released into the wild, hence the reason why the bloodthirsty creature is not afraid of humans. Said Veterinarian Robert Johnson: “A tame squirrel is a loose cannon sometimes.” Truer words have never been spoken. Fear the beast, residents of Bennington. Fear it! [msnbc]
• Yes: The Dugout: Minnesota Twins Spring Training 2011 [With Leather]
• Yes, Part II: Photo Story: “The Truce” – Starring Jalen Rose, Grant Hill and Mike Krzyzewski [Midwest Sports Fans]
• If you ever dreamed of owning Scottie Pippen’s Beanie Babies collection, now’s your chance. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• Meh: the Sacramento Kings could become the Los Angeles Royals or the Anaheim Royals. What? Not Los Angeles Royals of Anaheim? WTF? [Larry Brown Sports]
• Meh, Part II: Ochocinco trying out for MLS soccer team, Sporting Kansas City. [Ted Williams Head]
• Grant Hill on the Fab Five fiasco: “A sad and somewhat pathetic turn of events.” Did Grant Hill write that Lemony Snicket book, too? [Off the Bench]
• The top 10 takeaways from the Fab Five-Grant Hill war of words. [Five Tool Tool]
• Are we not paying enough attention to Derek Jeter? Guh. [The Sports Hernia Blog]
• Bill Walton wants you to come and get in the pool. [Sharapova’s Thigh]
• Where will Jimmer Freddette end up in the NBA? [Rumors & Rants]
• Check out Brad Marchand’s sneaky headshot on R.J. Umberger. [Bob’s Blitz]
• DoD continues it’s “Complete Idiot’s Guide to the 2011 NCAA Tournament. [Deuce of Davenport]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Pope To Ease Up On Jesus Talk (Pontiff Trying To Be Not So In-Your-Face With That Stuff)