Wake N’ Blog: In Poorly Educated Russia, Sun Orbits You!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions and well wishes due to my return from my one-week vacation to email@example.com.
• At least that’s how the Russians see it, as indicated by the results of a recent survey which found that 32% of Russians polled believe the Earth is the center of the solar system. On the other hand, Americans fared much better concerning their rudimentary knowledge of basic astronomical facts, as 72% of those polled in a 2008 poll were aware that the Earth orbits the sun. USA! USA! USA! Nevertheless, that still means 28% of Americans are total morons. Huh. I would have guessed it would have been a much higher percentage. Have you been out in public lately? [msnbc]
• Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards is going to take up boxing if there is an NFL lockout. [The Daily Norseman]
• David Beckham is a Good Samaritan. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Here’s an interesting touchdown dance. [With Leather]
• Mario Lemieux did not hold back when discussing the fallout of the punchy game between the Islanders and Penguins. [Puck Daddy]
• Glen “Big Baby” Davis does not have what we commonly refer to as “mad hops.” [Bob’s Blitz]
• Forget about psychic octopi, how about a soothsaying possum? [Off the Bench]
• Was Wally Szczerbiak the inspiration for the Geico Caveman? [The Sports Hernia Blog]
• Mark Sanchez on MTV’s Skins? [TAUNTR]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Vending Machine Attendant Admits B3 Selection Has Changed A Lot Over The Years