Bieber Fever Headed To The 2011 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
Be still, my beating heart. Big news for all you Biebermaniacs out there: according to this press release (via SB Nation), the one, the only, the Effeminate Prince Of Teenybopper Pop, Justin Bieber, will be participating in the 2011 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game. The release, along with a full rundown of announced participants:
What: 2011 BBVA NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
When: Friday, Feb. 18, 7 p.m. ET
Where: Jam Session, Center Court, Los Angeles Convention Center
The 2011 BBVA NBA All-Star Celebrity Game is a chance for luminaries from the entertainment world to mix with athletes past and present. The game this year in Los Angeles promises to bring out the biggest and brightest.
This year, comedian Jimmy Kimmel will serve as general manager for one team, with ESPN personality and columnist Bill Simmons heading the other. This year’s celebrity participants include a cast of players from sports, film, TV, and music:
• ESPN Analyst Magic Johnson (NBA legend and Hall of Famer)
• Grammy-nominated artist Justin Bieber (pop artist)
• Scottie Pippen (NBA legend and Hall of Famer)
• Bill Walton (NBA legend and Hall of Famer)
• AC Green (NBA legend)
• B.J. Armstrong (NBA legend)
• Chris Mullin (ESPN Analyst and NBA legend)
• Jalen Rose (ESPN Analyst and NBA legend)
• Jimmy Kimmel (“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”)
• Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”)
• Rob Kardashian (“Keeping Up with the Kardashians”)
• Zach Levi (“Chuck”)
• Jason Alexander (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”)
• Common (Just Wright)
• Bill Simmons (ESPN.com columnist)
Complete rosters, which will also feature current WNBA players, will be announced at a later date.
Bill Simmons AND Justin Bieber will be there? Finally, we’ll be able to answer once and for all which one of these tone-challenged fellas has a higher-pitched voice. Excellent.
I’m digging the fact that Modern Family‘s Ty Burrell will be competing. That guy does a fantastic job on the show and the character Phil Dunphy should be considered a hero to nerdy fathers everywhere. And does that mean that the lovely Sarah Hyland could possibly be be in attendance? Please? Come on, I don’t ask for much.
Stars of all stripes mix it up on court in annual funfest [NBA.com (via SB Nation)]