Wake N’ Blog: Why Would A Person Run A Red Light With 500 Pounds Of Weed In His Car?
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, comments and complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Indeed, why would a person who had 500 pounds of freaking marijuana in his car do something as moronic as run a red light? Ask this idiot, Clement Hunter. He was pulled over by NYPD on Sunday in Queens after attempting to evade the police for a few blocks. Upon inspection, police discovered 513 pounds of grass stuffed in garbage bags, some of it in clear view. Hunter faces “50 counts of felony possession of marijuana as well as charges of reckless endangerment and fleeing officers.” What a woodhead. [Yahoo!/Reuters]
• Farwell says Farewell to Favrewell. I mean Favre. [It’s Always Sunny In Detroit]
• The minor league Binghamton Senators hockey team is having a Festivus for the rest of us. [Puck Daddy]
• The top 5 most brutal sports fails in 2010. [Ranker]
• The New York Islanders got heckled during an appearance at a children’s hospital. [Deuce of Davenport]
• Rams/Sam Bradford/Oklahoma fan doesn’t know when to shut up, so some guy does it for him. [Busted Coverage]
• The Dallas Mavericks singing “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.” [The Sporting Rave]
• Geno Auriemma: Champion of Women. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Two contestants nailed half-court shots at a Villanova game. [Bob’s Blitz]
• Belgian soccer snowball apocalypses are the worst kind. [Off the Bench]
• The top 10 reasons the Giants are keeping punter Matt Dodge on the roster. [Five Tool Tool]
• Philly Sports Wikileaks: DeSean Jackson. [TheWizWit]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: New Harlem Globetrotter Rudy ‘Rude Dude’ Williams Not Working Out