Wake N’ Blog: What? A ‘Pimp & Ho’ Party At A Club For Teenagers Sounds Perfectly Reasonable!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions, comments and complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Confetti Night Club in New Jersey canceled a costume party for teens after a controversial and suggestive ad generated concerns regarding the theme, “Pimp & Ho.” “The ad, which was removed from the website Thursday night, features a busty woman in black lingerie who is suggestively lowering the thin black strap to her bikini underwear. A few hundred-dollar bills hover over the slick Rolls Royce she’s standing next to, with a cityscape in the background.” Nice. [azcentral]
• Here’s the video of the Metrodome’s roof collapsing. We’re still digging out up here. [Awful Announcing]
• Despite all the hullabaloo surrounding it, the Jets sideline trip is nothing new. [Rumors & Rants]
• Congratulations to the Lions on snapping their 19-game intra-division losing streak by beating the Packers yesterday. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Joe Paterno gave the greatest interview of all time last Thursday. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
• Who knew Jim Tressell had a bit part in a 1974 stop motion holiday television special? [The Last Angry Fan]
• Andy Reid was pretty upset the officials missed a late hit on Michael Vick yesterday. It was almost like when someone else takes the last pork chop. [Shutdown Corner]
• Try all you want, you will never have enough Gallicisms for Bob Costas, ya ingrates. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• The top 11 sports moments of 2010…and one bad decision. [I’m Taking My Talents]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Dead Teen Had Pretty Terrible Life Ahead Of Him, Parents Report