Wake N’ Blog: Fat, Drunk & Stupid Is No Way To Chase A One-Legged Goose Into A River, Son
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, link submissions and your personal tales regarding when you nearly drowned chasing after a one-legged animal to email@example.com.
• Sometimes, these bizarre stories require no embellishment. Today is one of those cases. Via the AP: “WAUSAU, Wis. – Wausau rescued and arrested a drunken man who plunged into the Wisconsin River while chasing a one-legged goose. The 40-year-old Wausau man told officers he wanted to catch the bird and roast it. He said he took off his shirt and shoes Thursday afternoon and jumped into the frigid water…Authorities said he was overcome by the cold water and had to be rescued by firefighters. Police said the man had been drinking heavily before the stunt.” [Yahoo!/AP]
• Jive Turkey: Allen Iverson is headed to Istanbul. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Ah yes: Poon of the Big Ten. Very nice. [Busted Coverage]
• Crikey! Race car driver almost runs over a kangaroo. [Outside the Boxscore]
• James Wisniewski would like Sean Avery to suck something. [The Sports Hernia Blog]
• Here’s Adam Sandler narrating Brooks Conrad’s rough time in the field the other day. [TAUNTR]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Nobel Prize Awarded To Man Who Helped Humans Have More Fu**ing Babies
Site Note: much like this edition of Wake N’ Blog, today will be an abbreviated version of the Sportress as far as posting is concerned. Stuff to do, places to see, yadda yadda yadda.