Do You Speak Like An Uneducated Cajun Inbred? The Times Picayune Needs Your Help
Who dat gonna compile an online dictionary comprised of derivations of “Who Dat,” the wonderfully charming, not-annoying-at-all battle cry of the New Orleans Saints faithful? The Times-Picayune, of course!
Super Bowl XLIV didn’t just crown a new champion; it created a whole new language. New Orleans Saints fans continue to create so many new variations on the phrase “Who Dat” that we’ve decided to begin compiling them online, with your help.
A few to get your [sic] started:
* New Dat (n): a recently converted Saints fan
* True Dat (n): a long-time Saints fan
* Two Dat (v): to bring the Lombardi Trophy home to New Orleans for the second time
* Boo Dat (v): what a Who Dat does when the ref blows a call
* Coochie-coo Dat (n): a Saints fan who gets caught on the Superdome Kiss Cam
Let your creative juices flow and post your Who Dat vocabulary words below in our comments area or e-mail email@example.com.
Here, if those didn’t get your creative juices sufficiently flowing, I have another one to get y’all started:
Screw Dat (v): used to express derision at something mind-numbingly stupid, especially as it pertains to lowbred Cajun swampspeak
I don’t mean to brag, but I think mine is the best of all.
Do you speak Who Dat? New Orleans Saints fans we need your help [NOLA]