Wake N’ Blog: Heat Wave Caused Germans To Experience Significant Shrinkage?
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Send tips, links, suggestions, complaints, whatever to email@example.com.
• They were in the pool! They were in the pool! Actually, this story has nothing to do with that sort of shrinkage, this bit of news out of Germany has to do with the size of potatoes (“That’s a lot of potatoes!”/Seinfeld reference #2). Apparently, they will be significantly smaller this growing season, an eventuality that will likely throw the German french fry industry into a tizzy. “The French fries industry and consumers will have to brace themselves for shorter fries,” said spokeswoman Verena Telaar, adding that smaller potatoes mean that fries will probably be 45 millimetres (1.8 inches) long at best, down from the usual 55 mm (2.2 inches).” GAH! Nobody panic! Germans, heed my words! [Yahoo!/Reuters]
• The AAA for the San Francisco Giants mocked Don Mattingly by holding a “Rule 8.06 Night.” [Out of Bounds]
• Former NBA player Charles Shackelford was busted for selling prescription drugs. [Busted Coverage]
• Only the blood of the young will help satiate Bud Selig’s unquenchable thirst. [Walkoff Walk]
• Floyd Mayweather’s iPod is reportedly worth $50,000. Money well spent. [Larry Brown Sports]
• At this week’s Nationwide Tour event in Columbus, Ohio, every time a golfer sinks a birdie on the par-3 13th, beers will only cost $1 for the next 15 minutes. And here I am in Minnesota as dry as dirt. [Waggle Room]
• Gorgeous golfing gal Maria Verchenova looked positively stunning at the Evian Masters. [Bob’s Blitz]
• Some Brett Favre-related Sports Haiku. [You Been Blinded]
• It’s time for The NBA Free Agency Price is Right! [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• My pals at TAUNTR roll out a new feature, “Dykstra’s Tip of the Day.” [TAUNTR]
• It’s true: it’s hard out there for an agent right about now. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• Gourmet Spud attempts to answer the following perplexing question: “What’s the deal with white cab drivers?” [Food Court Lunch]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Endangered, Majestic Lowland Gorilla Exploited For Comic Effect