Wake N’ Blog: Ma! Ironing!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Apologies for the delays this morning. We had some minor server issues. I’m not going to sit here and disparage the hosting site I am signed on with – to which I pay good money – but please allow me just to say that sometimes, their service leaves me sad. Almost blue, even. Send tips, links, etc. to email@example.com. Thanks.
• A 29-year-old man in Georgia faces charges of aggravated assault and false imprisonment after he held his mother hostage after she didn’t iron his clothes. The loser, “who lives with his parents, wanted his mother to do some ironing because it was ‘woman’s work.’ When she refused, authorities allege he pulled out a gun, and took his 51-year-old mother’s keys and cellphones and refused to let her leave for at least six hours.” I expect big things from this guy once he gets into his 30s. [Yahoo!/AP]
• Paul the Octopus Oracle was spot on in with his World Cup pick again. Get this creature to Vegas. [Out of Bounds]
• God bless you, Stan Van Gundy, for perfectly capturing exactly how we all feel about the LeBron James/ESPN debacle. [Ball Don’t Lie]
• Sigh. Another – and hopefully the last – LeBron James free agency song. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• Oh dear: unstable Clippers fan offers himself up to LeBron James. Yep. [You Been Blinded]
• Colin Cowherd has been forbidden by ESPN from talking about the rumor that Delonte West was nailing LeBron’s mom. Don’t make me side with Colin Cowherd, ESPN. [Bob’s Blitz]
• The top 10 reasons LeBron is announcing his decision on ESPN. [Five Tool Tool]
• Here’s another one: the top 10 reasons LeBron needed a TV special. [Ted Williams Head]
• Former ESPN employee has a thing for 15-year-olds. 15-year-olds, dude. [Busted Coverage]
• They’ve been used for practically everything else, so some enterprising person out there needs to get going on making a bong out of a vuvuzela. [The Slanch Report]
• Remember Rinku and Dinesh, those Pittsburgh Pirates minor leaguers from India? Yeah, their story is going to be made into a movie. [Walkoff Walk]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: New-Versus-Old Electric-Slide Confusion Blamed In Wedding-Reception Pileup