Wake N’ Blog: In Russia, Polls Take You!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. “Jesus rides beside me, He never buys any smokes, hurry up, hurry up, ain’t you had enough of this stuff? Ashtray floors, dirty clothes, and filthy jokes…” Yeah, I’m just throwing lyrics out there from the video on weedtubeage over to the right. It’s lazy, sure, but even more importantly, it’s tremendously easy. Send tips, links and your ideas for what I should put in my Wake N’ Blog intro to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• According to a poll conducted by Russia’s Levada Centre, 8 percent of Russians believe their team will win the World Cup despite the fact that the squad didn’t even qualify for the damn tournament. Nyet! [Yahoo!/Reuters]
• An Ohio minor league baseball team have a “”Please Stay LeBron Night” scheduled for this evening. You know, it’s so crazy, it just might work! [Out of Bounds]
• Oh dear: instead of fading into Bolivia, Mike Tyson is now on Twitter. [Detroit4Lyfe]
• Jose Canseco set to fight a 60-year-old. I can see that. [Larry Brown Sports]
• Knicks fan eats five pound “LeBron MVP” sandwich, proving that fat guys will come up with any reason to overeat. [The Last Angry Fan]
• For a nominal fee, you too can reserve postseason tickets for the Baltimore Orioles. Wait, what? [Walkoff Walk]
• The NFL Network will start airing Canadian Football League games. [Shutdown Corner]
• Yeah, this guy definitely looks like the kind of person who would get into a physical altercation with his son’s little league coach. [Busted Coverage]
• There really is nothing like wiping out centuries of history at St. Andrews. [Waggle Room]
• For some unknown reason, the Pirates continue to own the Cubbies. [Bugs & Cranks]
• When the worlds of rap and the NFL collide. [Second-String Fullback]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Neighbors Remember Serial Killer As Serial Killer