If You Only Watch One Interview The Rest Of Your Life It Should Be LeBron On Larry King
Set your Tivos, folks, LeBron James is scheduled to sit down with 148-year-old broadcaster Larry King in Akron today for an interview set to air sometime later this week.
It should be an interesting interview, given that Larry King could tell James how they used peach baskets when he played basketball in high school, because when it comes to window blinds, vertical blinds are terrific, but so are horizontal blinds.
Has anybody ever died of a heart attack? I mean, really?
Below are some other potential insights that Larry King may shed on the impending LeBron James Free Agency Cavalcade of Craziness:
- I don’t care what anyone says, in my book, Kobe Bryant is not the Black Mamba.
- Sudden thought: When did the 24-second shot clock become the plain old shot clock?
- Of all of the figures of the 20th Century one of the greatest has to be David Stern.
- I have no tolerance, gang, for anyone who commits a flagrant foul.
- NBA Finals prediction, it will be the Celtics in 4.
- The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the free throw line.
- I don’t ever remember seeing a white shooting guard, not once, not ever.
- Is it just me, or is anyone else sick and tired of Marv Albert?
- Yours truly will be in Branson, Missouri next week for an exclusive interview with – Christian Laettner.
- The more I think about it, the more I appreciate Gatorade. A great, great beverage.
- Is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired – of the NBA All-Star Game?
- Head coach Phil Jackson: one class act!
- I don’t ever remember wearing high tops. Not once. Not ever!
- I dined with Dennis Rodman in Los Angeles last week and, take it from me, folks, the Worm is still a hero wherever he goes.
- Of all the causes of playoff elimination, getting swept is still Numero Uno in the humiliation department.
- There isn’t a better coach in the world than Coach Kevin McHale.
- I have no tolerance for people who bury three pointers.
Of course, many thanks to Norm MacDonald’s “Larry King’s News & Views” sketches on SNL. Without them, I could not have completely bastardized a hilarious bit and turned it into something average.
Report: LeBron to talk to King [SI]