Wake N’ Blog For March 31st: The ‘Little People’s Kingdom’ Of Dwarfs in China Is The Coolest Theme Park Ever!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Today, I am reminded of a quote from the great Herodotus: “It is said that as many days as there are in the whole journey, so many are the men and horses that stand along the road, each horse and man at the interval of a day’s journey; and these are stayed neither by snow nor rain nor heat nor darkness from accomplishing their appointed course with all speed. The appointed course here at the Sportress of course largely consists of a bevy of dickjokery. You get what you pay for, I guess. Send tips to email@example.com.
• Who is going to China with me? Via a report from Reuters: “The park, near Kunming city in Yunnan province, employs 108 dwarfs from across the country, who twice daily gather on an artificial hillside to dance and sing for tourists.” Awesome. Of course, some negative nabobs of negativity are accusing the theme park of human rights violations. Have these people ever been to Disney World? [Yahoo!/Reuters]
• You can bid on Don Mattingly’s residual check from his appearance on The Simpsons. Ahoy hoy! [With Leather]
• American Olympic hockey hero Ryan Miller has a hot girlfriend. She did a lesbian scene. Need any additional information? Didn’t think so. [Busted Coverage]
• Here is a list of 10 things in sports that are scarier than the Hadron Collider. [Guyism]
• PETA wants to help out a Chicago high school which had their bleachers stolen. This won’t end well. [Out of Bounds]
• Dear God! Blowhard Mike Francesca has invited not-hard-to-blow (?) Steve Phillips to appear on his radio show for weekly segments. [Walkoff Walk]
• Pete Rose and his sexy girlfriend were on Howard Stern’s show. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
• Gus Johnson-related humor is taking over the internets, and I feel fine. [Bootlegger Sports]
• Gourmet Spud delights us with common wisdom made racist. [Food Court Lunch]
• “Hey, Who Painted Derrick Mason’s Face on My Balls?” [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• Here’s your daily dose of Erin Andrews goodness. [Outside the Boxscore]
• Introducing the best 10-year-old basketball player in the world. [Tremendous Upside Potential]
• Some guy is obsessed with making photoshops of Tom Selleck, waterfalls and a sandwich. Creepy shit. [Uncoached]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Report: No One At White Castle Wants To Make Friends