Wake N’ Blog For March 25th: No Soup (Mistaken For Drugs) For You!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. It is 100% self-funded, so donations are welcome. As you are well aware, there is a lack of quality blogging on the interwebs, but we cannot bring you wonderful programming like “Nightmare Fuel”, “It’s 4:19, You Gotta Minute?” and “Chicks, Man” without your support. With every donation, you will receive a stylish S.O.B. tote bag as a gift. In the interim, tips are welcome and encouraged. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dried fish, vegetables and spices — the ingredients for the soup “ugu” – led to a Nigerian-born U.S. citizen’s being detained for two days in a Tijuana jail after Mexican authorities suspected the ingredients were actually khat, an illegal drug. I guess you could say the Mexican security really ugu-oofed on this one! But you don’t have to. [MSBC/AP]
• Sharpen your pencils and take your hand out of your pants for crying out loud: the Name of the Year bracket is out! [Out of Bounds]
• In NCAA Tournament news, here is the Sweet Sixteen announcing schedule. [Awful Announcing]
• Video of somebody’s grandma doing a keg stand. [Busted Coverage]
• An outfielder for the Baltimore Orioles was attacked by a flock of seagulls. [Big League Stew]
• Larry Brown Sports now has their very own “Boss Button.” [Larry Brown Sports]
• This is why you never attempt a dunk without a basketball. [With Leather]
• This animated gif of Michelle Beadle from ESPN’s SportsNation eating a hot dog might be sexier than it should be – or is it just the right amount of sexy? You decide. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
• Selecting the New York Jets as the team to appear on HBO’s Hard Knocks may be one of the greatest ideas ever. [The Legend of Cecilio Guante]
• Poor bastards. The Inside the NBA studio crew appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
• A brilliant selection of unintentionally hilarious commercials for useless products. [Uncoached]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: Man From Future Can’t Stop Living In The Less-Far-Into-The-Future