Wake N’ Blog For March 22nd: Mr. Bookman Cracks Another Case!
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. The proprietor of this fine site can now sit back and enjoy the NCAA tournament without worrying about his goddamn brackets, which are fucked. Like you care. Send tips and complaints about how you couldn’t care less about anything related to the NCAA tournament to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Trust me, Mr. Bookman will always get to the bottom of your shenanigans you get into with your good-time buddies. Well he’s got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. A paperback first edition copy of “Quatermass and the Pit” by Nigel Kneale has been returned to Dinnington Library in London. It was originally borrowed from the library on September 4, 1965. Fines are capped at 6 pounds ($9), so no big whoop. [Yahoo!/Reuters]
• According to a CBS source, the 96-team tournament “will happen.” Yippee. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
• Joe Mauer Joe Mauer Joe Mauer… [Walkoff Walk]
• …Joe Mauer Joe Mauer Joe Mauer. [SOOZE!]
• Will the Tiger Woods Buddhist bracelet become the new Livestrong band? [Larry Brown Sports]
• And here is how you can make a Tiger Woods Buddhist bracelet. [Trailing Tiger]
• Speaking of Tiger, Jay Busbee landed an interview with Kelly Tilghmam, the Golf Channel gal who interviewed Tiger. [Devil Ball Golf]
• Butter Chicken figures out exactly what the fuck Darvocet is. [Food Court Lunch]
• Stephon Marbury absolutely owned the Chinese All-Star Game. [You Been Blinded]
• Nick Saban, pitcher. Funny, I always figured he was a catcher. You know, homosexually speaking. [Busted Coverage]
• Here are the Top 10 MLB team commercials for 2010. Lots of good stuff here. [Rum Bunter]
• The Arkansas-Pine Bluff mascot is teh awesome. [The Last Angry Fan]
• Here are some more of those examples of faces found in everyday objects. Far out, man. [Uncoached]
• The Onion Headline of the Day: NBA Honors Latino Community By Using Spanish Word For ‘The’ On Jerseys