Wake N’ Blog For February 8th: Bribing The Urine Tester? Why Haven’t I Ever Thought Of That?
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Indubitably. Want to make my job easier? Send me some tips, then everyone wins. Except the Indianapolis Colts.
• Oh yeah, now I remember. I have never tried that because there is no way in hell it would work. A Colorado man has been accused of trying to give a cash bribe to a state worker so he could use a Whizzinator for a piss test. Yeah, it didn’t work out, but at least it brought the Whizzinator back into the limelight. That’s awesome. [MSNBC/AP]
• Spoiled sports: Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne reportedly skipped the postgame handshakes. [Pro Football Talk]
• Pete Townshend is just happy to have been part of the spectacle by playing the Super Bowl halftime show. Also, not getting charged with anything related to child pornography. [Yahoo!/AP]
• Videos of drunken fans at Sun Life Stadium are entertaining, informative. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
• The best of the Super Bowl ads… [TV Squad]
• …and the worst. [TV Squad]
• Was Matt Stover’s field goal miss the point of no return for the Colts? In a word, yes. [Shutdown Corner]
• Wait. Jeremy Shockey was actually humble after the Saints’ victory? Huh? [The Sporting Blog]
• Google got in on the Tiger Woods tomfoolery. [Tirico Suave]
• I suppose I should point out that there were other things going on in the world of sports this weekend other than the Super Bowl. For instance, the University of Wisconsin held their own version of the Winter Classic. [Puck Daddy]
• Danica Patrick will make her NASCAR debut at Daytona next weekend in the Nationwide circuit. [Sporting News/AP]
• A discussion of Steve Phillips’ appearance on The Today Show. [The Big Lead]
• Who are the ad wizards who came up with these 10 products? [Uncoached]
• Finally, Alex Ovechkin breaking the goal camera. [H/T The700Level]