Wake N’ Blog For February 4th: Was Gallagher Behind It? Melon Donated To Jail Stuffed With Drugs
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. The hipsters like to refer to it as the cat’s pajamas.
• Jail officials who intercepted a cantaloupe that was among food items donated to the Chelan County Jail in Washington discovered that the top had been cut off and tobacco and a baggie of oxycodone pills had been stuffed inside. And despite the melon in question being a cantaloupe and not a watermelon, I’m standing behind by Gallagher reference. [MSNBC/AP]
• Erin Andrews is rumored to be co-hosting an after-Super Bowl party with Diddy. Considering the low profile she has kept lately, it is nice to see her back out on the scene. Good for her. [Guyism]
• Some guy who must be a huge Dodgers fan has a glass eye with the Dodgers logo on it. [Out of Bounds]
• The Top 10 Super Bowl Fails of all-time. [Ranker]
• One of the great existential questions of our time: Can Manny Ramirez still be Manny Ramirez? Far out, man. [Los Angeles Times]
After the jump, even more juicy linky goodness, including why Nick Nolte digs through other people’s garbage and video of a skateboarding face plant, which is always entertaining in my estimation.
• In five of the past six years, a Madden simulation done before the Super Bowl has correctly predicted the winner. See what the simulation predicts for Sunday’s big game. [Shutdown Corner]
• Ndamukong Suh has signed an endorsement contract with Nike. [Sports Biz with Darren Rovell]
• Let me just say I absolutely adore Zooey Deschanel, so news that she will star in a pilot for HBO portraying a 70s groupie is a nice way to start off my day. [Warming Glow]
• Planned Parenthood has issued a response to the Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad. [The Sporting Blog]
• The New York Mets 2010 team calendar remind Mets fans why it sucks to be a Mets fan on a daily basis. [The Legend of Cecilio Guante]
• Nick Nolte likes to dig through garbage cans. Hardly surprising. [Film Drunk]
• Great write-up about how Steve Sabol and NFL Films helped make football the game it is today. [SI]
• Little punk gets the snot beat out of him by a couple of full-figured women. [Uncoached]
• This is why skateboarding should be left to professionals. Or people who don’t care about how their face looks. Ouch. That’s gotta hurt. [H/T With Leather]
Hey man, you got any tips? Come on, you better not be holding out on me! Shoot your humble editor an e-mail. Thanks.