Wake N’ Blog For February 1st: Do You Have 44 Lizards In Your Pants Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
Wake N’ Blog is the Sportress of Blogitude’s morning link dump. Don’t expect it to ever be on time all February because it refuses to acknowledge months with less than 30 days. Send tips, comments and such here.
• Hans Kurt Kubus, a 58-year-old German reptile collector, was apprehended at an airport in New Zealand after authorities stopped him from boarding a flight “with 44 geckos and skinks in a hand-sewn package concealed in his underwear.” I don’t know the whole story, but I bet the geckos’ and their damn British accents tipped off the wildlife officials that caught him. [MSNBC/AP]
• Is it Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer? I don’t know, but I can say with total confidence he’s the starting QB on Team Jesus. [USA Today]
• Chris Hanson’s Axe thinks you suck. Oh, and the Pro Bowl does not. [Style Points]
• You should really make a stop at Mark Fistric’s House of Hats. [Melt Your Face Off]
• Rick Pitino would like to see the NBA raise the minimum age to 20. He would also like to have sex with a lot of women, so there you go. No they aren’t related – just a little bit of insider info for ya. [Sporting News/AP]
• Do you want to see some extreme sports photos? Well, do ya, punk? [Uncoached]
• A columnist for the New York Daily News is still mad at the Colts for blowing the chance at a perfect season. He is also mad that there are other cities in the world besides NYC. [New York Daily News]
• Michelle Beadle, she of that atrocity of an ESPN show, SportsNation, almost makes you not notice that Colin Cowherd is on the show. Almost. [The Philadelphia Inquirer]
• Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney’s bum ankle may keep him out of the Super Bowl. [CBS Sports]
• Mario Lemieux made overtures to Pittsburgh Pirates indicating he may want to buy the team. He was rebuffed. [SI/AP]
• Ladies and gentlemen, Pee-Wee Herman got an iPad. Sweet. [H/T TV Squad]