Wake N’ Blog For October 16th: Man Who Had His Pot Stashed In His Hat Takes Off Hat, Bag Of Pot Sticks To Forehead, Police Notice
• MLB Playoffs. Philadelphia Phillies 8, Los Angeles Dodgers 6. The Dodgers held an early 1-0 lead, the Phillies scored five in the fifth, the Dodgers answered with three in the bottom of the 5th to make it 5-4, then Philadelphia scored three runs and L.A. scored two in the eighth, but Brad Lidge came in for Philly and closed the door as the Phillies took a 1-0 lead in the NLCS. [MLB.com]
• National Hockey League. Washington Capitals 4, San Jose Sharks 1. Alexander Ovechkin scored twice in the span of 28 seconds in the second period to help the Capitals break a four-game losing streak. Ottawa Senators 7, Tampa Bay Lightning 1. Milan Michalek, who came to Ottawa via the Dany Heatley trade with San Jose, notched his first career hat trick to lead the way. [NHL.com]
• College Football. Cincinnati Bearcats 34, University of South Florida Bulls 17. Cincinnati remained unbeaten as quarterback Tony Pike threw two touchdown passes before getting injured and sidelined with a sprained left wrist. [Yahoo!]
• I’ve heard of having weed on the brain but this is ridiculous. 29-year-old Cesar Lopez was not aware that he was walking around a convenience store in Lebanon, Pennsylvania with a bag of weed stuck to his forehead, which was originally being stored in his hat. Of course, the good “pothead” joke was already stolen by the AP headline writers. Jerks. [AOL/AP]
• SITE NEWS: Once again, yours truly will have too many irons in the fire today as I will be handling a portion of the writing duties over at With Leather while Punte lives it up in Vegas at Blogs With Balls. Do stop by and see me. I will do my very best to ensure that the Sportress doesn’t get too neglected.