Last Call In East St. Louis
I thought we could all take an imaginary field trip to the wonderful town of East St. Louis for Last Call this evening. You see, the mayor of East St. Louis has had to roll back the time of last call due to a rash of violent incidents occurring at that witching hour.
East St. Louis mayor and liquor commissioner Alvin Parks may have finally had it with his city’s nightclubs. After a bloody weekend that left four people injured or dead in two days at nightspots scattered across town, Parks says last call at the bars will be rolled back–at least for the time being– from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
What the fuck? A 6:00 a.m. last call? Who came up with this brilliant idea? Who thought that in a city that has one of the highest crime rates (including murder) in the nation it would be a wise plan to keep the bars open until sunrise? And further, how fitting is it that mayor of East St. Louis is also the liquor commissioner?
I guess this is why East St. Louis can’t have nice things. If they ever did have them.
- Reese Witherspoon Training Near Temple University, Shakey Vows to ‘Impregnate That’ [Style Points]
- NFL Week 5 in Review [The Phoenix Pub]
- Floating On a Mile High [The Rookies]
- Placing odds on the remaining World Cup spots in UEFA [Avoiding the Drop]
- National Lampoon’s Vacation: The Griswolds Visit East St. Louis.
- Monica Bellucci
- And for the ladies…
Sweet Christ that’s a terrible photo. Apologies. Well, no changing it now!
Have a great night.