Last Call With Woody Boyd
As I mentioned earlier today, I’ve really been under the gun at work lately. As I got further and further behind, I became very concerned that I would not be able to get to the post for Last Call tonight, so I got in contact with one of my best friends that resides in Imaginaryland (that’s the name of the place located deep in my psyche where characters from television shows and movies are real and real people don’t exist – I spend most of my time there). And sure enough, he was able to make it – good old Woody Boyd, whom you might remember as the naive country-boy bartender from Cheers. Thankfully, he was kind enough to take over hosting duties for me. Take it away, Woody.
Gosh, what a surprise it was to hear from Mr. Speed after all these years. Last time I heard from him, he was calling asking me to bail him out of jail or some such nonsense. We had a saying back in Hanover, that you shouldn’t do the crime if you can’t do the time. Since most of the folks in Hanover didn’t know how to read a clock with hands on it, most people couldn’t do the time in the first place. But I guess the saying still holds true anyway, even though most folks use digital clocks and all.
To be honest, I was a little nervous about getting involved in the crazy world of the internet. People have told me that people can steal your identity on here and I don’t know what I would do if someone took mine – how would I figure out where I lived?
Oh well. I suppose now that I’m here and agreed to do this, I should follow Mr. Speed’s instructions he left for me on what I’m supposed to do.
(looks for piece of paper)
Darnit, I guess I lost the note he gave me. That’s right, Mr. Speed wrote me another note.
(pulls note out of pocket)
Hmm. It says here that the note with the instructions is in my other pocket.
(pulls note out of other pocket)
Well, I’ll be hoodwinked! That Mr. Speed sure is one smart fella. No way he’s from French Lick, I’ll tell you that!
- Would you people pull your heads out of your asses and figure it out? Cycling is not a sport, dammit. [Style Points]
- First Derivative rolls out a new feature: sports leagues you have never heard of – today’s edition: League of Ireland [The Phoenix Pub]
- Apparently, if you win the World Cup, you can do whatever you want. [Avoiding the Drop]
- What if Chad Ochocinco ran ESPN? Hmmmm… [Second String Fullback]
- (this space intentionally left blank in honor of The Rookies – sigh)
The Main Course
- Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy!
Music Provided By
- Me! Here’ s a little song I wrote for my wife, Kelly. I sure hope you like it!
Okay, thanks, Woody! Great work. I’ll take it from here (which is a good call – I don’t think we need photos of Diane Chambers and Rebecca Howe for the dessert portion, now do we?)
- Anne Hathaway
Alright then, we’re set to go. Have fun, kiddos.