Stuff To Tune In To And Zone Out On For June 18th
• PGA Golf. U.S. Open Championship: Best of the First Round. This is scheduled to go on for three hours, so I imagine the last two hours and forty-five minutes they will just show rain pouring down on Bethpage Black. It will kind of like those Yule Logs you can watch on television during the holidays but infinitely lamer, if that’s possible. [ESPN, 8:00 ET]
• Major League Baseball. Detroit Tigers at St. Louis Cardinals. Matt Vasgersian and Victor Rojas call the action, so there’s always a chance for subtle racism.
• College Baseball. NCAA World Series. Arizona State vs. North Carolina. Will the baseball players competing tonight earn a college degree? Not if they want to make it in the Big Leagues! [ESPN2, 7:00 ET]
• National Hockey League. The NHL Awards Show. Live! From Las Vegas! Hockey players! C-List celebrities! Exclamatory statement! [Versus, 7:30 ET]
• Yet another movie that has no business on basic cable. Grandma’s Boy. To be honest with you, I’ve never seen this movie – and from what I’ve heard about it, I won’t bother watching this version of it. [FX, 8:00 ET]
• Find out how this woman managed to get a man to marry her only to kill him. Snapped: Jocelyn Dooley. Hoo boy, is she a homely, evil looking thing:
Cool glasses, though. [Oxygen, 10:00 ET]