Wake N’ Blog For June 8th: Obviously, This Guy Saw Super Troopers
• NBA Finals. Courtney Lee missed a layup as time expired and the Los Angeles Lakers took advantage of the second chance, beating the Orlando Magic 101-96 in overtime and taking a 2-0 series lead. Kobe Bryant scored 29 points, Lamar Odom added 19 and Pau Gasol contributed with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Rashard Lewis scored 34 and Dwight Howard added 17 points and 16 rebounds in the loss. [NBA.com]
• PGA Tour. Tiger Woods stormed back from four back Sunday, shooting a seven-under 65 to win the Memorial, the fourth time he has won Jack Nickalus’ tournament. [PGA.com]
• MLB Roundup. Mark Reynolds hit a three-run homer in the 18th inning as Arizona beat San Diego 9-6. Roy Halladay pitched a seven-hit shutout in Toronto’s 4-0 victory over Kansas City. Alfonso Soriano hit a home run in the 14th inning as the Cubs outlasted the Reds 6-3. Tim Lincecum won his fifth straight decision as San Francisco edged Florida 3-2. [MLB.com Scoreboard]
• French Open. Roger Federer has finally won the French Open, becoming the sixth man to win all of the Grand Slam tournaments, beating Swede Robin Soderling 6-1, 7-6 (7-1), 6-4, tying Pete Sampras’ record 14 major wins. [Roland Garros]
• When eating a bag of weed to destroy evidence, you’re not to supposed to eat the bag. An Iowa man was arrested in Iowa City after he allegedly tried to eat the weed he had to avoid getting charged with possession. When police arrived at the car, they n”noticed a marijuana odor on his breath, and a green, leafy substance on his shirt.” If that wasn’t enough, the suspect gagged and a baggie flew out of his mouth. The Snozzberries taste like Snozzberries.