Stuff To Tune In To And Zone Out On For April 13th
• Major League Baseball: It’s the official opening of Citi Field tonight when the San Diego Padres visit the New York Mets. Try to contain your excitement. [ESPN, 7:00 EST]
• Boxing: Tomasz Adamek takes on Steve Cunningham in a cruiserweight from Newark, New Jersey. It’s on Versus, so you know it’s good. [Versus, 8:00 EST]
Clearly, it’s a pretty thin night for sports-watching. So why don’t you try expanding your mind with one of these:
• Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations: If you haven’t caught an episode of No Reservations featuring Anthony Bourdain on the Travel channel, you have been missing out. Bourdain possesses the perfect combination of acerbic wit, supreme food knowledge and the ability to not take himself too seriously. Tonight’s episode features Bourdain sampling the cuisine of Washington, D.C. Not an exotic locale, but it should still be interesting. [Travel, 8:00 EST]
• Ax Men marathon: If you want visual evidence of what a weak and pathetic man you are, watch three episodes of this show and weep into your little blanky, girlie man. [History, 7:00-10:00 EST]
• Movie of the Night: Caddyshack. What? You have only seen it 50 times? Time to put or shut up, losers. [Bravo, 8:30 EST]
This concludes the broadcasting day of Sportress of Blogitude. In case you’re wondering, we don’t finish off with the National Anthem like others do. Mainly because we’re communists here. Good night, comrades.