Stuff To Tune Into And Zone Out On for the Evening of April 8th
• NBA: Portland Trailblazers at San Antonio Spurs (ESPN, 7:00 EST) – No Manu, No Problem (being incredibly boring)!
• MLB: Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox (ESPN2, 7:00 EST) – I heard tonight they are going to try to one-up Ted Kennedy and have Strom Thurmond’s corpse throw out the first pitch – it’s all about pulleys and levers, people.
• PGA Golf: Live From The Masters Preview (Golf Channel, 6:00 p.m. EST) This already aired at 4:00 p.m. so I don’t know how “live” it will be. I’m sure it will be outrageously entertaining – Kelly Tilghman still works for the network, right? She better be, because she is the lynchpin that holds it all together
• Movie of the Night: Cheech and Chong’s Up In Smoke (Cinemax, 8:30 p.m. EST). Shocking I would pick that one, wouldn’t you say?
• Reality Show of the Night: American Idol (Fox, 9:00 p.m. EST) Yawn. Is anybody watching this besides Tony Kornheiser?
• What I Want To Watch (Not Including Sports): Good Eats (Food Network, 8:00 and 8:30 p.m. EST) Fuckin’ Alton Brown, man.
• What I’ll Be Flipping To During Commerical Breaks: 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the ’80’s (VH1, 5:00-10:00 p.m. EST) These countdown shows are like crack – and probably just as good for your brain as smokin’ rock.