Back Nine Boys? Bubba Watson Wants To Start An All-Golfer Boy Band
Tell me why? Sure, it’s possible he ain’t headed for nothin’ but a heartache, but Bubba Watson told reporters during a media day event on Tuesday in advance of next month’s Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands in Connecticut that he could be laying the groundwork for plans to assemble a group of PGA golfers for the first ever all-golfer boy band. Yep.
Via Pro Golf Talk:
“I’ve got two words for you. Before I tell you those two words, I’m going to build it up,” Watson joked. “I should be in the media.”
Then, he gave the media just a little taste of what to expect.
“There’s going to be a group of guys, and the two words are Boy Band. I’m going to leave it at that. And it involves Ben, me and maybe a couple others. But Boy Band.”
Now this I’ll have to see. My pal Ryan Ballengee over at PGT speculates that Ben Crane, Rickie Fowler and Hunter Mahan would be excellent candidates to round out the Pro Golfer Boy Band Supergroup, and I have to agree. As a service to the cross section of readers who consider themselves not only fans of golf but boy bands as well, what follows is a potential track listing for the Back Nine Boys first album, comprised of takes on the track listing from the Backstreet Boys’ multi-platinum Millennium album, arguably their finest record. Um, so I’ve heard.
- “Larger than a Bunker At Whistling Straits”
- “I Want It That Way” – (like I’m going to change the title of that classic – as if)
- “Show Me the Meaning of Casual Water”
- “It’s Gotta Be You (The ‘Who Putts First?’ Song)”
- “I Need You To Step Back A Few Paces Please (The Gallery Song)”
- “Don’t Want You Back (Ball In Water Hazard)”
- “Don’t Wanna Lose This Skins Game Now”
- “The (Hole In) One”
- “Back to Your Provisional Shot “
- “Spanish Lies (The Seve Song)”
- “No One Else Comes Close (To That Approach Shot)”
- “The Perfect Swing”
Yeah, those are terrible. Total weaksauce. Yep, Bubba and his boy band mates are going to have some difficulties, I’ll tell you that.
Bubba Watson may be founding golf’s Backstreet Boys [Pro Golf Talk]