Last Call: No More Ladies Night In Gainesville Edition
Sadly, the era of ladies night is tragically coming to an end – at least in Gainesville, Florida.
They’ll be notifying 115 bars and restaurants in the city limits in the next few days that they will no longer be able to give discounts based on gender, reports the Gainesville Sun.
Cecil Howard, the city’s director of equal opportunity, said the city hasn’t gotten any complaints about discrimination based on these sorts of promotions. But they are taking a cautious route.
Gainesville officials are following a pattern in other places, from Clearwater to California, where discrimination laws have been strictly interpreted to strike down such discounts.
Wait. The city has a director of equal opportunity? What the hell? They should have a director of letting women get drunk and loose department, if you ask me.
But what do I know? On to the usual tomfoolery.
- Does Nobody Want to Go to the Playoffs? [Melt Your Face Off]
- Safety Warning: Panda’s Are Dangerous [The Gally Blog]
- Stabbing death of FIU running back was over thrown cookies [Out of Bounds]
- Enjoy This Indoor Lacrosse Fight [With Leather]
- Four unheralded players in this year’s Final Four [The Dagger]
- Behold the most expensive golf cart in human history [Devil Ball Golf]
- KATE GOSSELIN: AMERICA’S SWEETHEART [Warming Glow]
- Bikini Mud Wrestling Is Why Spanish TV Morning Shows Are The Greatest [Busted Coverage]
- How About Getting on a Plane with this Guy? [Uncoached]
- Danielle Harrington
And for the ladies…
Aye, he be a fine Irishman, he be.
Alright, have fun. Don’t hurt anybody, unless they ask you to.